Texas Neurosurgery is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare. Our practice is centered on each patient who walks into our office. In order to assist you with your healthcare needs, our practice has dedicated physician assistants who work closely with the physicians so you can receive the best possible healthcare in an efficient and timely manner. The physicians and their physician assistants are here to provide you with a complete understanding of your condition and to offer you the best personalized care possible.
Physician Assistants are healthcare professionals licensed by the state board to practice medicine with supervision by a licensed physician. Under the supervision of a physician, a physician assistant can diagnose, treat and monitor common acute and chronic diseases, as well as, provide healthcare maintenance care. "Supervision" does not require the constant physical presence of a supervising physician, rather oversight and responsibility for the medical services provided.
Services provided by our physician assistant may include:
- Obtaining histories and performing physical exams
- Ordering and/or performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Formulation of a working diagnosis
- Developing and implementing a treatment plan
- Monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
- Assisting in surgery
- Counseling and education
- Writing prescriptions (where allowed by law)
- Making appropriate referrals
Jennifer Crisler, PA-C
Jennifer Crisler is a certified Physician Assistant that joined the Texas Neurosurgery practice in 2007. Jennifer is originally from Longview, Texas, and graduated cum laude from Stephen F. Austin University with a Biology Degree. Following her undergraduate studies, Jennifer attended the University of Texas Southwestern Physician Assistant Program in Dallas. Jennifer is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, and certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Jennifer is married to her high school sweetheart and has two young children. She is currently involved in her church’s young married ministry. Jennifer enjoys spending her free time with family and friends.
Amy Sessions, PA-C
Amy Sessions is a certified physician assistant and has been practicing since 2009. She is new to the Texas Neurosurgery team and previously worked in orthopedic spine surgery after completing her training. Amy attended the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin and earned a B.B.A. in Finance during her time there. She then went on to attend the School of Allied Health Sciences at Texas Tech University where she completed her Masters in Physician Assistant Studies in 2008. Amy is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and is a member of the Texas Academy of Physician Assistants as well as the American Academy of Physician Assistants. In her free time Amy enjoys college football, Texas Longhorn sports, being outdoors, and spending time with friends and family. Her hobbies include singing and staying active with running and CrossFit.
Roxana Esfahani, PA-C
Roxana Esfahani is a board certified physician assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) who recently joined Texas Neurosurgery in September of 2014. She was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from The University of Texas at Austin. She went on to obtain her Masters Degree of Physician Assistant Studies from The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. She was a member of the Alpha Eta Honor Society. She is also a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and Texas Academy of Physician Assistants. In her free time she enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking, and traveling.
- Lisa Crooks, CMOM
- Practice Administrator
- Surgery Coordinator for David W. Barnett, M.D.
- Secretary to David W. Barnett, M.D., Chief of Neurological Surgery, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas
- Tammy Renfro
- Surgery Coordinator for Shaad B. Bidiwala, M.D.
- Testing Coordinator for Shaad B. Bidiwala, M.D. and David W. Barnett, M.D.
- Dalia Campos - Surgery and Testing Coordinator for Christopher B. Michael, M.D.
- Lana Owens - Benefits Coordinator
- Amy Sletten - Front Office Receptionist
- Lynette Gatlin - New Patient Scheduler
- Jennifer Gomez - Check Out Receptionist
- Jennifer Garcia - Front Office Receptionist
- Nancy Ortiz - Front Office Receptionist