Texas Neurosurgery is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare. Our practice is centered on each patient who walks into our office. In order to assist you with your healthcare needs, our practice has dedicated physician assistants who work closely with the physicians so you can receive the best possible healthcare in an efficient and timely manner. The physicians and their physician assistants are here to provide you with a complete understanding of your condition and to offer you the best personalized care possible.
Physician Assistants are healthcare professionals licensed by the state board to practice medicine with supervision by a licensed physician. Under the supervision of a physician, a physician assistant can diagnose, treat and monitor common acute and chronic diseases, as well as, provide healthcare maintenance care. "Supervision" does not require the constant physical presence of a supervising physician, rather oversight and responsibility for the medical services provided.
Services provided by our physician assistant may include:
- Obtaining histories and performing physical exams
- Ordering and/or performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Formulation of a working diagnosis
- Developing and implementing a treatment plan
- Monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
- Assisting in surgery
- Counseling and education
- Writing prescriptions (where allowed by law)
- Making appropriate referrals
Jennifer Crisler, PA-C
Jennifer Crisler is a certified Physician Assistant that joined the Texas Neurosurgery practice in 2007. Jennifer is originally from Longview, Texas, and graduated cum laude from Stephen F. Austin University with a Biology Degree. Following her undergraduate studies, Jennifer attended the University of Texas Southwestern Physician Assistant Program in Dallas. Jennifer is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, and certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Jennifer is married to her high school sweetheart and has two young children. She is currently involved in her church’s young married ministry. Jennifer enjoys spending her free time with family and friends.
- Lisa Crooks, CMOM
- Practice Manager for David W. Barnett, M.D.
- Surgery Coordinator for David W. Barnett, M.D.
- Secretary to David W. Barnett, M.D., Chief of Neurological Surgery, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas
- Lana Owens - Benefits and testing Coordinator for David W.Barnett, MD
- Robin Nutt, CMA - Check out receptionist for David W.Barnett, MD
- Tammy Renfro
- Practice Manager for Shaad B. Bidiwala, M.D.
- Surgery Coordinator for Shaad B. Bidiwala, M.D.
- Chelsea Price - Benefits and testing coordinator for Shaad B.Bidiwala
- Amy Sletten - Receptionist for Shaad B. Bidiwala, M.D.
- Jennifer Sipe, BS - Practice Manager for christopher B.Micheal, MD
- Dalia Campos Rosales - Surgery and Testing Coordinator for Christopher B. Michael, M.D.
- Lynette Gatlin - Receptionist for Christopher B. Michael, M.D.
- Jessica Rodriquez - Receptionist for Texas Neurosurgery, LLP